Let’s get started with the Idea Napkin with a quick tour of its basic elements! We’ll go into all kinds of details later but for now the goal is just to orient ourselves to what this tool is all about.
In this video tutorial:
- 0:17 – What is the Idea Napkin?
- 0:41 – Does the Idea Napkin cover / include everything you need to start a business or project?
- 0:55 – What are the five main components of the Idea Napkin?
- 1:43 – Why does it have two sides, and what’s the difference?
- 2:47 – What is the additional component on the second side?
- 3:05 – Setting the stage for lesson 2
In this introductory educator resource:
A quick look at two features of the Idea Napkin from the perspective of a person wanting to design the environment(s) in which big ideas are born:
- The way it fosters iteration, e.g. as a tool in a design thinking process
- How it encourages good ideas through succinctness