What is the Idea Model?
The Idea Model comes after our super handy Idea Napkin and before tools like the lean canvas, business model canvas, or business plan, in a series of practical tools for designing change.
We like to think of it as a bit of a home plate from which you can do the work required to design the ‘really big value version’ of your own idea.
It’s also been designed to support a deliberate design process that includes value proposition innovation, customer deep dives, pretotyping of your offering, and a build-test-learn cycle.
What's under the hood?
- Free canvas (template) for the Idea Model (in PDF and Google Docs formats)
- Directions and guidance about how to evolve your concept into its most highly impactful and feasible version
- Explicit links to related tools such as those for assessing your idea
Also available to you and your team:
- Versions for use in our Virtual Design Space
- Related courses and mini-courses
- Educator and coaching resources